Individual Teachers Who Are Paying for Their Own Training
If you are a Teacher and want to register and pay for a VPSS course, please be sure you have determined which VPSS course(s) you need to take and that you understand the no-refund policy before completing the registration form and submitting your payment.
Determine Your Training Needs
Make sure that you have read the eligibility requirements for VPSS (in the About VPSS section) or that you have received guidance from your district Human Resources department to determine which course(s) you are eligible to take. To determine your eligibility for the VPSS and to determine whether you need both Tier I and Tier II, we recommend you see your district Human Resources Representative.The Verification Process:
To demonstrate NCLB High Quality Teacher compliance using the VPSS Process the teacher must:
- Have at least a bachelors degree;
- Have a California State credential or have an Intern Certificate/Credential for no more than three years;
- Have demonstrated NCLB High Quality Teacher compliance in one NCLB Core Academic Subject as defined in NCLB (20 USC 9101 ) including elementary multiple subjects; and know that...
- VPSS is designed for teachers who teach two or more core academic subjects in special settings such as the following:
- Secondary Special Education Settings
- Secondary Alternative Programs
- Secondary Small Rural School Achievement (SRSA) programs
- Independent Study
Teachers with more than 10 upper division units or more than 20 English units (upper or lower division) need only complete Tier II to be certified as “highly qualified.”
For more information, please refer to the VPSS Guidelines posted by the CDE.
No refunds will be made once we receive your VPSS Registration Form and tuition fee. Please contact the VPSS Registrar in writing (see below) if you are canceling your registration, or dropping from the course.
VPSS Registrar: email@example.com 562-922-8852
Registration Form & Payment
The tuition fee for each VPSS online course is $400.00.
To pay by credit card and register online, please visit TeachStar Online Academy.
You may also pay by check or money order.
- Download and complete the Registration Form: Download
- Make check or money order in the amount of $400.00 payble to: LACOE
- Mail registration form with tuition fee to:
Los Angeles County Office of Education
CDOL / VPSS Online
9300 Imperial Highway – Room EC 250
Downey, CA 90242-2890
Attn: VPSS Registrar
Watch Your Email
Approximately 1 week before the VPSS online course(s) begins, we will email a Welcome Letter to the "Preferred Email Address" that you put on your registration form. This welcome letter will include instructions for logging into your VPSS online course.
If you do not receive an email prior to the start date of your course, please contact the VPSS Registrar at 562-922-8852 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.