Skip to main content
Division of Curriculum and Instructional Services at the Los Angeles County Office of Education
Verification Process for Special Settings powered by CDOL

VPSS English Tier I

To Obtain UCLA Graduate Education Units:

How do I register for UCLA Credits?

During the 2nd week of your course, you may apply for UCLA Extension credits through UCLA Extension. You have up to six months after the end date of your course to apply for these credits. You will send your application and payment directly to UCLA. Please note, that there will be no refunds from UCLA if you change your mind.

You will not receive the credits from UCLA Extension until you have completed your online course and received a passing grade from your online instructor.

How is my work graded?

UCLA uses a grading scale of A-F.

Grading Elements for VPSS English Tier I

  • Online participation 20 points
  • Electronic Portfolio 20 points
  • Final Lesson Plan 30 points
  • 1,500 Word Analytical Essay 25 points
  • Post-Test 5 points

How do I obtain a transcript?

You will need to register with and send payment to UCLA Extension. Please note, transcripts are not automatically issued upon the conclusion of your course.

Who can I contact for more information?

For further information about graduate credit offered by UCLA, call UCLA Extension at (310) 825-9971.